Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My July 4th holiday!

I had a dream come true on July 4, 2008. My husband, our 2 daughters and I went to see James Taylor in concert in Tanglewood (Lenox, MA). I have always loved his music and have wanted to go for many years to see him. So this was the year!

He was exceptional as expected and near the end of the performance John Travolta appeared on the stage. No one was expecting that! He announced that James had recently celebrated his 60th birthday and we were all going to celebrate that evening.

The world reknowned cellist, Yo-Yo Ma came onto the stage. He and James performed "Sweet Baby James" together. It was a treat...only to be followed by the introduction of Carol King. WOW!! talk about another surprise. I must admit that her voice is not what it used to be, but it was still a thrill to hear her perform too.

Tanglewood is a neat place. It was my first visit. We had lawn seats and brought our chairs, blankets, citronella candles to keep the bugs away and enough food to feed a small country. I was prepared for any kind of weather and had rain gear...just in case! But the weather and bugs cooperated...the day/evening was perfect!

Photobucket

No comments:

"If you live to be 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you"

Winnie the Pooh

*************************************