Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Vintage Christmas Ornaments


Here a some photos of the vintage ornaments/decorations my sister and I found when we were cleaning out my father's basement. I remember all of these treasures from my youth. There was a time I wondered why my mother kept all those 'old' things...now I'm thrilled that she did.I love these little elves and the gnome. Some have faded a little but they still bring a smile to my face. I guess I'll share them with my sisters!


These paper mache houses date back to the 1950. I remember them as a child. Notice the PINK bottle brush tree. That's my favorite!
The houses are still in very good condition, considering their age. A few of the bottle brush trees did not 'age' well.


I love these vintage Christmas ornaments. Rather than hang them on my tree and fear that they will be 'touched', I'm going to hang them over my kitchen sink on fishing line at different lengths. (Stay tuned for photos of that in a few weeks.)
We also have a 1960's silver Christmas tree with the color wheel. We were the first on the block to have one and I thought our family was 'so cool'. It was a lot of work to assemble as each branch had to be placed in the 'trunk' individually, and then taken out and put back in the box when Christmas was over.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cool stuff. Thanks for sharing!!

anniescupboards said...

Oh My goodness I love them. I love the decorations. I am so jealous that you have them. I wish I had something from my childhood past.

HUGS to your daddy! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hi, Pappilotta from RS Message Board here! Just wanna wish you a Merry Christmas, and tell you I've made a link from my blog to yours :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely Christmas decor! Take good care of it!

- Happy New Year!

Sharon/primthyme said...

I love the ornies.Please stop by my blog ,I have an award for you !
Prim Hugs,
Sharon

"If you live to be 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you"

Winnie the Pooh

*************************************